Based on our experience managing flood risks for over 1400 individual retail stores, we have developed a comprehensive flood risk management application. It enables businesses to identify and understand enduring flood risk from both rivers and seas and surface water, whilst also providing a range of verified and analysed critical information during dynamic flood situations.
Effective management of Flood Risk requires an understanding of both the enduring risk to individual locations, the rapid identification and continual assessment of dynamic flood situations as they evolve. A mature, detailed understanding of enduring flood risk provides a Company with the knowledge and rationale of what long-term flood risk management activities to undertake and where.
Dynamic flood risk management puts timely and accurate information in front of decision makers to make crisis management decisions, such as whether or not to close a store or to deploy emergency flood protection measures.
- Automated identification of levels of risk from rivers and seas for individual locations
- Automated identification of levels of surface water for individual locations
- Guidelines of locations for the deployment of emergency flood equipment at asset locations
- Geospatial extent of all business locations and parameters, across the United Kingdom
- Analyse and manage all flood mitigation activity, from type to costs at individual locations
- Integration of existing Flood Surveyor reports for specific locations
- Historical Flood dataset of Recorded Flood Outlines detailing flood events at individual locations back to 1703
- Integration of flood warning information issued by the Environment Agency and Natural Resources Wales
- Integration of Ordnance Survey Open Rivers dataset of over 144,000 km of watercourses, combined with the integration of over 1,400 Environment Agency River Gauges and their outputs at 15 minute intervals
- Integration of selected UK Meteorological Office Weather Stations, with weather observations integrated every hour and weather forecasts integrated every three hours, up to five days ahead
- Integration of Social Media sources and functionality to manage and search information produced by Social Media
- Integration with existing systems of an organisation through the means of an API